AddThis

Share |

Monday, February 23, 2009

So I've started volunteering at Ten Thousand Villages. Check out the website http://www.tenthousandvillages.com/. Its a non-profit and fair trade org. They have about 150 stores and have products from 36 countries. 

Their mission is to give poor artisans in different countries a decent life, so they can live on their art, send their kids to school and have food on the table. 

Been fun a exciting, and they have lot of interesting things in the store. Love their coffee and chocolate and I've been buying at least one piece of  jewelry every time I go. Coffee is fair trade and shade grown, so the taste is better than anyhting I've tasted before, and I've tasted a few. 

I'm at the walnut street store in philly on sunday afternoons, so stop by and say hi if you are in the area. 

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the blogging world! That's great Madhu! sounds very interesting..

    ReplyDelete