AddThis

Share |

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Akoya@Pearl in Philly

Went to Akoya last night. A true "fusion" restaurant. I would say a classic American menu with Asian twist. You can get sliders with wasabi mayo. Sangria with Sake, tacos with sushi grade whitefish tuna on top and so on. We had the tacos and the sliders to start. My hubby got crab green curry pad thai which I thought was amazing. It had very profound taste of ginger and the sauce was very light and not overpowering. 

I got crispy orange duck with bok choy, which I was not very impressed with. The duck looked like it was done a little rare and was not crispy.The rice had a bite to it. I would have just preferred bok choy without the rice.

We got Creme brule and chocolate cake with mango icecream for dessert. They were good but not great. 

For drinks I got Kakujo Sake which had caramelized pear and ginger flavour. I love anything fruity or flowery so I loved this. I also got the Sake Sangria which was full of berries and not bad but looked slimy. I probably would have enjoyed their cocktail with Champagne, pear absolute and elderflower water better, coz I love the bubbly. 


No comments:

Post a Comment