AddThis

Share |

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Kinky Curly girl's picks...

So in my quest for luscious curls and looking anywhere decent a presentable hair style, instead of looking like "I just mowed the lawn in the Greenland and it did a number on my hair" look, I have tried many many products. 

Whoever came up with the idea that we should "keep swicthing hair products instead of only using one all your life to avoid build up" idea will love me. I try to get organic a natural products whenever I can only because I understand the ingredients, and have a faint idea what they will do to my hair. 

Here are so of the products I have tried lately...

1. Brand I am in love with right now is "Kinky Curly". They are not very widely available everywhere but you can get them in your local whole foods or order online. 

I got it first from Ricky's in NYC. If you haven't visited Ricky's you should. It is a mecca for beauty products and there isn't a brand you can't get there. 

You can also order this from the mother ship for curly girls naturallycurly.com

So anyway I loved the curling custard from this line. Its paraben free, silicone free and organic. It defines curls without being crunchy at all and doesn't weight down your curls. the trick is to apply it to wet hair, let it air dry and crunch your  curls once they are dry. Your hair will look completely natural with spirals and all. Love it!

I also tried spiral spritz,which is a bit tricky to apply. Instead of spraying it directly on your hair, try spraying it in your palm and spread it on wet hair. Air dry and crunch as usual. Along with definition you'll also feel like your curls are a bit more moisturized coz of the aloe in it. 

The gloss pomade has amazing oils in it, but might be better in summer than winter. Its hard to spread on the hair in winter as the oils solidify. I have a tin of this and can't for summer to use this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment