AddThis

Share |

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Fabulous Trial Mix

I am fascinated with dry fruits right now and seem to be gathering bags of them wherever I go. 

I picked up dried mango slices, dried cranberries, dried black raisins from a Indian grocery store the other day. Also picked up dried apricots and figs from a middle eastern grocery store. In figuring out what to do with these, I looked up trail mix recipes and came up with one. You have to try it to know how great it is... beats  the urge for candy at my 3pm slumps. 

Mix
1/3 cup of dried mango slices chopped
1/3 cup of dried apricots chopped
1/3 cup of dried figs chopped
1/4 cup of dried cranberries
1/4 cup of dried black raisins
1 1/2 cup of roasted unsalted sunflower seeds
1 cup of walnuts

Makes about 16 servings of 1/4 cup each, which comes to about a 100 calorie snack. 

I'm sure any fruit and nut combination works here, so try this and let me know if you try any other fabulous variations. 

No comments:

Post a Comment